If you’re like us and eating healthy, pancakes aren’t typically on the menu. Unless you make these. I was skeptical at first, but now I have all of my friends eating them too.
Full disclosure, this recipe can be a bit finicky, but if I can do it, you can too.
3 very ripe bananas (almost black) – seriously, they must be very ripe
1/2 cup smooth nut butter
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cinnamon
- In a bowl, use a fork to mush the bananas up really well until they almost liquify (sounds so violent).
- Add the peanut butter and whisk into the bananas until fully combined
- Whisk in the eggs and cinnamon
- Heat a large pan on medium-low/medium, and melt the ghee
- This is where it gets tricky. If your batter is too runny, add some more nut butter. I always do a test pancake to make sure it doesn’t run all over the pan
- These pancakes will look very thin in the pan. Don’t panic, they will turn out great.
- Do not, under any circumstances, flip them over until they are bubbling in the center.